Forleden udkom firmware 2.5 til PS3, men hvad indeholder den?
Det er nok en af de firmware udgivelser, som der har været mest stilhed om fra Sonys side. Måske belært af tidligere problemer.
Og denne opdatering har da heller ikke været helt problemfri. PS3 virker fint, men brugere oplever problemer med deres Synology medie server. Dette lader dog til at være et problem, som Synology skal løse.
Men selve opdateringen indeholder faktisk flere nyheder.
- [email protected] menuer og login er redesignet (også auto login).
- Mulighed for automatisk at slukke, efter endt download eller installation
- Mulighed for automatisk at slukke, efter den ikke har været aktiv i et stykke tid. Det samme gælder controllerne.
- BD/DVD settings hedder nu “Video settings”, og eknkelte menuer derunder har fået nyt navn
- DivX VOD (Video On Demand) registreringskode tilføjet
- Sequential playback og 50Hz video output indstillinger
- Ny metode til at forbinde til bluetooth enheder igen.
- Flere muligheder for valg af keyboard layout (desværre ikke dansk), og det tyske keyboard er opdateret.
- Mulighed for netværks printere og HP printere
- Volume knap til musik (på mini-size control panel)
- Pause afspilning på mini-size control panel
- Volume knap til film og video
- Scene søgning i video
- Mosquito Noise filter til video
- Farve opskalering (chroma upsampling) kan forbedre detaljerne i billedet – særligt på objekter i bevægelse.
- Server synkronisering i trophy sektionen
- PS knappen kan nu vise netværksinfo under spil
- Support for Adobe Flash Player 9
Main features in system software update version 2.50
The account creation screens under [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] and the menus under [Account Management] have been redesigned.
Other new or revised features in version 2.50
- You now have an option to set the PS3 system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has been completed. This option is available when you are turning off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.
- [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed as [Video Settings].
- Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] and [Upscale] options have been renamed as [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and [BD/DVD Upscaler], respectively.
- [Sequential Playback] and [50 Hz Video Output] have been added as options under [Video Settings].
- [DivX® VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3 system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit divx.com/vod/
- [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under Settings. To save power, the PS3 system and Wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth® devices has been changed.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
- In the keyboard layout for [German Keyboard], the “Y” and “Z” keys have been switched and the “Q” and “A” keys have been switched.
- Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel (or the mini-size control panel).
- [Pause] has been added as an icon on the mini-size control panel.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel.
- [Scene Search] has been added as an option on the control panel.
- You can now use the [Mosquito Noise Reduction] setting for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. Use this setting to reduce mosquito noise that appears on the edges of visual images.
- During BD (BDAV) and DVD playback, a technique known as ?chroma upsampling? is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video content and then applied to enhance images in the content.
- [Sync with Server] has been added as an option under [Trophy Collection].
- By pressing the PS button while playing PLAYSTATION 3 format software, you can now view information from the [Settings and Connection Status List] option under [Network Settings].*
* This feature is not available for use with some PLAYSTATION 3 format software.
- Support for Adobe® Flash® Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser].*
* ?Adobe? and ?Flash? are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and the way to sign out from PlayStation®Network have been changed.
- In PlayStation®Store, the design of the [View Downloads] and [View Cart] buttons has been changed, and a [Redeem Codes] button has been added.
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PLAYSTATION 3.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.